First time vehicle connection(PX4)
Please follow these steps to connect an PX4 vehicle to the UgCS:
1. PX4 vehicle must be properly configured, calibrated and tested using tools and instruction from the official PX4 web site prior to using it with UgCS. UgCS does not support initial configuration, setup and calibration of PX4 driven vehicles.
2. If more than one PX4 vehicle is planned to be used with UgCS, it must be ensured that each vehicle has a unique system id as defined by the parameter SYSID_THISMAV, otherwise UgCS will not be able to distinguish between different vehicles and it will not be possible to operate vehicles normally. To change the parameter, please use the official PX4 configuration software like QGroundControl.
3. Turn on the vehicle and plug in the radio modem paired with the vehicle or direct USB cable from the PX4 board to the computer where VSM is running. UgCS uses serial ports for communication with PX4 vehicles. Standard communication devices like 3DR radio modems (and their analogs) and direct USB connections are supported, as long as OS driver for virtual serial port is installed and serial port is successfully created. Please refer to the communication equipment manufacturer documentation about driver installation instructions.
4. As soon as uplink and downlink connection is established, the vehicle should appear in the active vehicles list in main window. Open Vehicles window from main menu and choose the corresponding vehicle for editing by clicking on the menu item and selecting Edit button. Select the vehicle profile and change the default vehicle name to the convenient one:
Vehicle profile needs to be assigned to allow mission planning with this vehicle. Vehicle avatar should be assigned in vehicle profile to properly see the vehicle location on map.
5. Repeat steps above for each PX4 vehicle.
Supported vehicle types:
• VTOL vehicles
Supported PX4 firmware versions:
First time TCP connection to drone is also possible. Please open ardupilot vsm configuration file and add following lines. connection.tcp_out.1.port = 5790 connection.tcp_out.1.address = 220.127.116.11 After that please restart VSM from Service Manager.