How to use NFZ Unlock with UgCS for DJI
Main Page UgCS How to
This article explains how to unlock NFZ zone for DJI drones in case of flight performed in restricted areas. Without unlocking NFZ zone you will receive an error message in UgCS for DJI app as shown in the picture below.
1. Plan missions with UgCS in restricted areas. NFZ has to be unlocked on the UgCS desktop. Upon route creation, disable Aerodrome zones to be taken into account for route calculation.
2. Request NFZ zone unlock in DJI website
•Open Safe Zone Unlock and Log in to your account. Choose Unlock Request section from the top bar of the website. At this point, you should see all your requests and their validity status.
•Press on “New Unlock Request” and proceed with Zone Unlocking. Select device and pilot details from the drop-down menu or add a new device and pilot for the request.
After the requestor has provided all the details it will be available to choose the restricted zone.
NOTE: there are different zones and for each type of zone different rules apply for unlock. In our example, we used a zone with the color blue. For other zones, it may be required to receive permission from your local government institutions.
•Choose the correct zone, the time range, and add a reason for unlocking.
•Now, the request is available in the list of “Zone requests”.
•As soon the zone has the status “Accepted”, it is available for upload to the drone via the DJI application.
3. Power on your DJI drone and connect it to the DJI Go4 Application.
4. Choose the “General Settings” menu and scroll down to the “Flight restrictions” section.
5. Open Unlocking License and import unlocked restriction to the aircraft.
•In case of successful import message is visible.
•Restricted zone will appear now in Aircraft section as enabled.
6.The prompt message will display. Close the DJI Go4 application. NFZ settings will be saved in autopilot
7. Run UgCS desktop software and UgCS for DJI. Make sure your drone has an established connection between UgCS for DJI and UgCS desktop.
8. Upload the route to the drone.
It is possible to enable the blue-colored DJI authorization zones directly in the DJI Pilot app by performing liftoff movement on your RC. After performing liftoff movement, a message in DJI Pilot app will appear. Please note, that this is a one-time scenario and not recommended requesting zone unlock before the flight.