How to use UgCS for DJI on the field without UgCS Desktop
Applies for Android only!
To fly a preplanned and uploaded into UgCS for DJI mission, a laptop is not required in the field, but
It is recommended to always have the laptop with installed UgCS to be able to edit the mission.
Flying preplanned missions without the UgCS desktop, telemetry data will not be recorded.
For that, just upload the routs to the vehicle via UgCS for DJI one by one.
To upload a route, follow these steps:
• Turn on the laptop with preinstalled UgCS desktop
• Turn on the Android mobile device with installed UgCS for DJI on it
• Create a WiFi access point on the Android mobile device
• Connect the laptop to the created WiFi access point
• Run UgCS
• Remove propellers of the drone
• Turn on the drone
• Turn on the drone’s Remote Controller (RC)
• Connect the RC with the Android mobile device
• If the UgCS for DJI doesn’t start automatically, launch it
• When the connection with the drone has been established, check that the UCS indicator of UgCS for DJI is green and that UgCS desktop is displaying telemetry of the drone
• In UgCS for DJI choose MENU and check the Simulator’s checkbox
• A warning to remove drone’s propellers will be displayed, click OK
• Now GPS data will be transferred (by default the drone will be placed at the Spilve airport in Riga, Latvia)
• Check that the drone is in DISARM status and upload the route to the drone. Upon successful upload, the drone will be placed on the first waypoint / Home location of the mission
Also, it is possible to start the simulation of the flight to make sure everything is ok. For that, start motors by pulling both throttles (control sticks) to the inner-bottom corners – UgCS telemetry will display “Arm”. (The drone engines should not start, but for safety reasons, it is recommended to remove propellers.)
IMPORTANT!!! Raise the drone a few meters up (left stick up, RC should be in MODE 2).
Click “Auto Mode” and accept the command in either UgCS or UgCS for DJI – the drone should start the mission.
In the field, select necessary route using 'Open Route' button.
Next, choose Upload Route - to upload a route from UgCS for DJI to drone’s autopilot, enabling the drone to fly in auto-mode.
Vehicle control panel button functions:
|Show My Location|
|Show Location of Drone|
|Go to Home Location|
|Set Home Location|